Thursday, December 4, 2008

Moving Again!!!

Brothers and Sisters,

    Jesus loves you!  I wanted to update you all about where Christ has taken Lindsay and I.  We left our jobs at ETBU in September and I have been praying and searching for our calling since.  I have applied to over 700 jobs, but all the while I was crying out to our God that the next job I have would be a calling, not a career or just a job.  I have knocked on many doors, but all the while Christ has been whispering that my call continues to be firm and that I must work with students and help them see Jesus and serve Jesus.  

   Long story, very short, I have just accepted the call to be the youth minister at Faith Presbyterian Church of Baytown, Texas.  It is a very loving church of 300 that has a heart for passionately pouring into the next generation.  So Lindsay and I will be packing our things, again, and moving for the fourth time since June.  We believe we are being called to plant our lives in Baytown and plan to be there for a very long time.  

   Please lift us up in prayer, it has been an interesting three months of prayer, refining, and growth.  We will be in place there before January first, and after that you are all invited and encouraged to come and visit us.  There will always be a guest room with your name on it.  You're awesome, so enjoy our awesome Jesus this Christmas season.  Thank you for all you are to us and to our brothers and sisters in the faith.  We love you all!

Joe and Lins

1 comment:

H said...

The coolest part about this whole thing is that God used your time of searching to refine both of you, all the while undoubtedly preparing you for all you'll face as a youth minister (and youth minister's wife- whatever that will look like)! We're praising the Lord with you for providing this position and are encouraged by your pursuit of His GLORY! :)